This is a perfect healthy breakfast recipe for anyone who is on a low carb or high protein diet in preparation for a beach holiday or a special occasion like a wedding or a photo shoot. This is also a great healthy breakfast suggestion for the morning after a night of culinary indulgences and a drink or five as it doesn’t require too much preparation which is always a bonus!Egg whites are literally pure protein and nothing else. You can boil a batch of eggs the night or even a couple of days before (just be sure to keep them in the fridge) and eat them as you need them! Fruits need no introduction – they are full of vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and glucose that we all need for our bodies to function properly. The combination of fructose and protein is extremely therapeutic and fast acting as the glucose from fruits allows protein to be delivered to the cells of the body extremely fast, and that’s just what we need sometimes first thing in the morning.
Ingredients: (1 portion)
– Eggs whites of 3 hard-boiled eggs, cooled to room temperature
– Handful of strawberries
– 1 apricot
– 1 kiwi
– 1 passion fruit
– Small handful of blueberries
1. Pre boil eggs the night or a couple of days before, but keep cooked eggs refrigerated at all times.
2. Allow eggs to get to room temperature if you are cooking them from scratch.
3. Peel and clean the eggs, half them with the knife and take out the egg yolks – you won’tneed them this morning.
4. Sprinkle egg whited with sea salt, pepper and a little dried dill (completely optional but goes very well with eggs and is a mild diuretic).
5. Chop up the fruits and add to a bowl.
6. Scoop the juice and seeds of one passion fruit and add to the fruit bowl.
7. Add Stevia (to taste) and mix fruits, berries and passion fruit very well allowing fruit juices to mix with stevia.
If you don’t like the combination of fruits with eggs or if you are a serious Paleo follower then I guess nothing stops you from swapping fruit salad for a veggie salad. If you want to increase thermogenic factor then add a sprinkle of ground Cinnamon to either your egg whites or fruit salad to help the body metabolise glucose the most efficient way. If you are not a strict diet plan and you don’t watch your cholesterol levels then you don’t need to take the yolks out either – there is plenty of goodness in them (Vitamins A, D and protein). And if you are planning a trip to the gym shortly after your breakfast then add a slice of good quality bread to see you through the work out.
Wishing you a great health and Bon Appetite.
Disclaimer: please consult your health care practitioner or doctor if you experience any health problems before making drastic changes to your diet and daily eating habits.