Yoghurt is a super food in its own right – it has been around for centuries and many cultures advocate eating yoghurt in order to maintain a healthy digestion. Yoghurt is one of those beautiful foods that can take many flavours on and really add something special to dishes: tangy-ness, tartness, freshness, creaminess and its packed with protein, probiotics (good bacteria) and Calcium…what’s not to like! This universal appeal makes it one of the most popular snacks around and quite rightly so. I hope this fruity number will be a hit among your favourite healthy snacks.
Ingredients: (1 portion)
– 120gr plain yoghurt
– 2 tea spoons of chia seeds
– 1 tea spoon of bee pollen
– 5 walnut halves
– 1 fig
– 1 kiwi
1. In a pretty see-through glass combine yoghurt and chopped walnuts. Mix thoroughly.
2. Add chia seeds and bee pollen and continue mixing so that all ingredients are amalgamated. If it gets thick add a table spoon of mineral water to the mix.
3. Chop a fig into small pieces and place at the top of the mixture in the glass.
4. Peel and chop kiwi and place carefully next to the chopped fig.
In terms of switching up your options there is really no limit here: you can swap walnuts for almonds or cashew nuts, and change chia seeds for pumpkin or sunflower seeds. If you like your yoghurt really sweet then you can add a drop of honey or Stevia to it, or even a ½ of mashed banana to make the texture more mousse-like. If you are on a vegan diet or you are going dairy-free then be sure to swap plain yoghurt for coconut or soya yoghurt.
Wishing you a great health and Bon Appetite.
Disclaimer: please consult your health care practitioner or doctor if you experience any health problems before making drastic changes to your diet and daily eating habits.