This healthy snack is truly an amazing treat for anyone with a sweet tooth. Packed with goodness from berries and protein it will keep away from sweet junk foods, as well as it will boost your levels of anti-oxidants and amino acids! Raspberries are fantastic red berries packed full of delicate flavour that is reminiscent of summer and sunshine, as well as vitamin C which is always a bonus. When combined with protein raspberries will keep your glucose levels stable, which will prevent you from feeling your energy dip in the afternoons. This refreshing healthy snack can be a fantastic breakfast idea, especially in the morning post all sorts of celebrations.
Ingredients: (1 portion)
– 2 handfuls of frozen raspberries
– 120gr of plain Greek yoghurt
– 1 tea spoon of chia seeds
– 2 tea spoons of bee pollen
– 1 tea spoon of cocoa nibs
– 100ml mineral or filtered water
1. In a blender combine frozen berries, water and yoghurt.
2. Blitz on a high speed until you start seeing sorbet-like consistency.
3. Add chia seeds and blitz a couple more times making sure that the seeds mix thoroughly with the mixture.
4. Decant in a pretty glass or bowl, sprinkle with bee pollen and cocoa nibs. Enjoy!
If you are a fan of strawberries (who isn’t?) then go ahead and replace raspberries with strawberries or any other frozen berries of your preference. You can mix your berries of choice or even add other frozen fruits like mango, pineapple and kiwi. This will add a wonderful tropical flavour and create an even higher vitamin content! If you are on a vegan diet plan then swap dairy yoghurt with coconut or soya one. If you are on a Paleo diet or low carb diet and want to increase your protein intake then go ahead and add a scoop of protein powder of choice: whey or rice protein mix really well with fruits and yoghurt based snacks. You can also play with toppings adding extra fresh berries or nuts and seeds to create a crunchy texture.
Wishing you a great health and Bon Appetite.
Disclaimer: please consult your health care practitioner or doctor if you experience any health problems before making drastic changes to your diet and daily eating habits